Wednesday 24 November 2010

Royal Times at Pall Mall Barbers

Royal Times at Pall Mall Barbers When you work in a barber’s shop, you realise just what has caught the imagination of the general public. For one thing, we have a veritable journalistic library in our waiting area, with a range of up-to-date newspapers and magazines, but of course we also get to chat with a large cross section of the general public (well a cross section of men). And the subject on everyone’s lips right now is of course the upcoming royal wedding. I would never say I was anti royalty, but nor am I a hardened, flag-waving, die hard fan.

I would put myself in the apathetic acceptance school of thought – in other words, the majority. But is it apathetic anymore? At first I felt mild interest at the news, but as more and more facts emerge about what the occasion will bring, I find myself progressively moved. In fact I’d say most, if not all, of the apathetic crowd have been moved, dare I say it – teased into excitement by the prospect of something positive and loving on the horizon. After all, bar the odd rescued Chilean miner, what has there been to cheer about in the media over the last few months? Certainly nothing on the front pages of the papers at least. We’ve had our cuts, complaints and delays and as the days get shorter and the weather progressively colder, what better news than an extravagant royal wedding to pull us out of the doldrums. I was only a year old when Charles and Diana got married, so it’s my first opportunity to experience these sorts of festivities. Of course we haven’t just heard positive views on the subject here at the shop – some clients have raised concerns about the cost of the wedding and who’s paying for it. 
As a man looking to tie the knot in the near future, I know how expensive weddings can be, though hearing the kind of figures they’re talking about on the radio I think my wedding budget would cover about a tenth of the appetisers at Will and Kate’s reception, if that! Still, it’s days like these that make me head towards the royal palaces in my lunch break. After all, the location of Pall Mall Barbers means that we’ll be just round the corner from the ceremony on the day. So on leaving the shop, I pop into “Sandwich Express” next door and pick up a cappuccino to keep me warm on my wander. It’s a simple walk through Trafalgar Square, through Admiralty Arch, skirt St. James Park and then you’re standing in front of Westminster Abbey, the bookies' favourite for the wedding location. The memorial garden is currently displaying thousands of poppies attached to crosses in the grounds of the Abbey. It’s an extremely moving sight and one that I believe makes the prospect of a royal wedding all the more poignant. I still have plenty of time left in my break, so I decide to head back to St James’ Park and through the grounds to Buckingham Palace.
 I’ve heard in the media that the wedding reception might well take place here. It’s certainly not too shabby and I can say that from first hand experience, as I have in fact been a guest at Buckingham Palace! I swear – honest. I was fortunate enough to receive an invite to one of the Queen’s garden parties back in 2006. It might sound like I was one of a very few select people honoured with an invite, though in reality I must admit I was one in a massive crowd of suits, floral dresses and extravagant headwear. Still, I got to see good old Liz in her summer frock, walk the huge grounds of Buckingham Palace and sip tea from royal chinaware. Best of all of course, I got to walk out of the palace front gates, past all the gawping tourists, who I’m sure assumed I was a member of the royal entourage… facebook
well maybe not, but it was still fun to fantasise. But enough of this day dreaming – time I was heading back to see what else is on the pulse of the nation. Let’s face it – barber shops are at the fore front when it comes to hearing the country’s views.

Barbers in London, Barber shop London, Barber London, Barbers London, London Barbers, Shaving London, Shave London, Shaving, Shave, Shaving In London, Barbers, Male grooming, Mens Grooming, Shaving London, Mens Hairdressing London, London Barbers, Barbers London, Movember London, Movember Shave, Movember Shaving, Movember in London, London Movember, Wet Shaving in Movember. Movember. Shaving London. barbers London, Movember shave. barbers, Shaving London, Shave London. barbers, wet shaving, shaving products. shave.Barbers, Barber, Wet Shaving, Shaving, Shaving gift vouches, Wet Shaving gift vouchers, Shaving Vouchers, Barbers London, Shaving London, Wet Shaving London, Mens Hairdressing London, Mens Hairdressers London, Movember Shave, Movember barber shop, Movember Barber shop, Mens hairdressing, Barbers, Barber, Shaving London, Shaving, Shave, Mens gifts, Barber shop in London, Barbers shave, Shaving products, Male grooming, Mens grooming, Skin Care. Mens Haircare, Mens Gifts, Mens Shave, Mens shaving, Mens Barbers, Best Barbers, Mens haircut, haircut london, Mens Haircut, Mens Hairdressing London, Mens Haircut London, Hair Cut London, W1, WC2, SW1, W3, WC1, Mayfair, Soho, Holborn. Covent garden. Shaving London, Shaving London, Barbers and Shavers in London west end, Barbers in Mayfair, Shaving London, mens hairdressers London, Mens hairdressers London.Wet Shaving LondonWet Shave London, Shaving LondonShave LondonMens Shave LondonMens Shaving LondonLuxury shave setLuxury shaving Londonshave Gift vouchers LondonShaving Gifts LondonShaving Products LondonMens shaving LondonCut Throat Shave LondonCut throat shaving LondonShaving Brushes,Straight Razor LondonShaving LondonShave LondonWet Shaving LondonShave Gifts LondonShaving Gift Vouchers London.Wet Shaving LondonWet Shave London, Shaving LondonShave LondonMens Shave LondonMens Shaving LondonLuxury shave setLuxury shaving Londonshave Gift vouchers LondonShaving Gifts LondonShaving Products LondonMens shaving LondonCut Throat Shave LondonCut throat shaving LondonShaving Brushes,Straight Razor LondonShaving LondonShave LondonWet Shaving LondonShave Gifts LondonShaving Gift Vouchers London.

No comments:

Post a Comment