Wednesday 15 September 2010

SHAVING - Wet Shave Virgin - Barber Shop


WET SHAVE VIRGIN

“I just need to adjust the seat a bit more so I can expose the neck,” was Ben’s opinion. Personally I was wondering whether it was particularly wise to have my neck so open to the sharp elements. In fact I was having second thoughts about having a luxury traditional shave at all, even if it was at a top London barber shop. I started to think of all those mob films that I’m so accustomed to; I wish I hadn’t watched “Eastern Promises” the night before. Or maybe I had just gotten attached to my unruly stubble that I like to call a beard…

Anyway, Ben, one of the extremely skilled and experienced members of staff at Pall Mall Barbers London started to give my face close attention. I’d be willing to bet he knows more about my cheeks than my fiancée. Maybe this was part of the performance, I thought. Maybe, this was to prove he was an expert, I mean, what’s he looking for in amongst my stubble? I took the opportunity to point out that I have very sensitive skin, hence the beard and that it doesn’t seem to make a difference what products I use, I always get a rash. Ben smiles, he’s heard it all before. “Don’t worry; this will be a rash free shave. Now, how close do you want it? I can make you look like a 14 year old boy, if that’s what you want?” As this was a gift from my fiancée for my 30th birthday the idea to look young sounded appealing but I had no desire to go back to such Elysium days of youth and opted for the standard “with the grain” straight razor shave.

Once the inspection of my face was complete, Ben applied some shaving product which smelt of eucalyptus and then applied the hot towels. I’ve seen this bit in many films but the feeling has to be experienced; it is truly decadent and relaxing. I was almost disappointed when the towels came off, but was relieved when more sweet smelling product was applied and once again my face was lost amongst the steaming flannels. Eventually the pores had been suitably opened and my bristles softened into gentle beings and the towels were removed and the shaving brush was used to whip up a soapy lather and applied to my face.

Then came the crunch time. I was pleased to see that Ben did not suffer from shaking hands nor did he approach his job with an absent mind. He tackled my face with the concentration of a bomb disposal expert from “The Hurt Locker”, tackling each mole, contour and blemish with skill and - dare I say it - “Sweeney Todd” dexterity. Before I knew it, my face was once again soap free and I found myself looking into the eyes of a man I once knew ten years ago. But before this reunion had a chance to develop, Ben was once again slapping on more of the barber shop’s own branded product and out came the razor. Three times I went under the knife; never has my face experienced so many lotions, ointments and attention, and it showed. I now knew how the other half live on a daily basis. My face had experienced true luxury and was as smooth as… well, a baby’s bottom. For a man who tends to wear a beard through sheer laziness, it was a shock to see myself well groomed and Ben was right, there has been no rash and no ungainly ingrown hairs to speak off. We all need to be pampered now and again. We all need to be kind to ourselves, and so some head off to the luxury spas, some to the massage parlors. I personally like to head off to a classy London barbers tucked away in between Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square where I sit back, let the barber do what he does best and try not to think about mob vendettas.





www.pallmallbarbers.com



Wet Shaving LondonWet Shave London, Shaving LondonShave LondonMens Shave LondonMens Shaving LondonLuxury shave setLuxury shaving Londonshave Gift vouchers LondonShaving Gifts LondonShaving Products LondonMens shaving LondonCut Throat Shave LondonCut throat shaving LondonShaving Brushes,Straight Razor LondonShaving LondonShave LondonWet Shaving LondonShave Gifts LondonShaving Gift Vouchers London.Wet Shaving LondonWet Shave London, Shaving LondonShave LondonMens Shave LondonMens Shaving LondonLuxury shave setLuxury shaving Londonshave Gift vouchers LondonShaving Gifts LondonShaving Products LondonMens shaving LondonCut Throat Shave LondonCut throat shaving LondonShaving Brushes,Straight Razor LondonShaving LondonShave LondonWet Shaving LondonShave Gifts LondonShaving Gift Vouchers Londonsafety razorsafety razors uksafety razors for mensafety razors for beginnersdouble edged razordouble edged razor techniqueshaving giftsshaving gifts for menshaving gifts Londonshaving gifts onlineshaving gifts himshaving gift sets for menshaving gift setsshaving setsshaving sets for menshaving sets for men with brushesshaving sets for saleshaving sets with brushshaving sets with mugsshaving sets with safety razorshaving sets with bowl, shaving sets with soapsshaving sets ukbadger brushbadger brush shavebadger brush shaving setsbadger brush shaving kitsbadger brush shaving soapshaving brushshaving brush standshaving brush setstraight razorstraight razor ukstraight razor shavingcut throat razorcut throat razor shavecut throat razors for sale, cut throatcut throat shavecut throat shave Londongifts for mengifts for men ukgifts for men ideasgifts for men who have everythinggifts for men who have everything ukmens gifts, mens gift ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment