Thursday 30 September 2010

Men's hairdressing, Mens Hairdressers , Male Grooming, Mens Grooming, Men's watches, Men's Shaving, Shaving, Shaving products, Shaving brushes




THE BEST TIME
I know a lot of people treat autumn as a mourning period for summer but personally I love it. The autumnal clothes come out, the weather is cool and unpredictable and there’s loads of exciting stuff to look forward to: Halloween, Bon Fire Night, my birthday and if you’re that way inclined, Canadian Thanks Giving. Maybe that last one’s a stretch but I still like this time of year as it’s a time to look forward to the coming months but also a time to look back. If this was an episode of a hit US comedy show, we’d be doing the “best bits” montage right now and trust me we’ve had some pretty amazing and surreal times here at the shop!
The biggest event this year by far was the refurbishment. I know I’m biased but I think the place just oozes class now; everything from the chairs, to the tiled workspaces, right down to the vintages basins. Check out some of the photos on the website or even better why not pop round to the shop and take a look. I remember all those years ago when I first came here - it was only a little two seater operation, but now you come in on a Friday afternoon and there are six of us snipping, shaving and generally making everyone and anyone who walks through that front door look fantastic! And when I say everyone I mean everyone! You see now that we’re probably the most stylish of men’s hairdressers in London everyone wants to be seen getting their trims from us. I remember in June coming into the shop and Rich was in early, fussing and wanting everything spic and span (more so than usual). Then I understood why, in the corner, there was a TV crew setting up. That’s the thing about working at Pall Mall Barbers; it’s like working on a film set.
So I ask Rich who’s coming in and he says, “Celebrity Come Dine with Me”. Cool, a celeb, but I wanted to know who. Turns out Calum Best is coming in for a spruce up prior to hosting his dinner party. Not bad, that’s a pretty cool scalp for the shop to have. I mean Calum is a very famous…. Well he’s famous; let’s leave it at that, and “Come Dine with Me” – the celebrity version no less. What many people don’t know about me is that I love to cook and I don’t mean boiling some pasta and mixing it with some Lloyd Grossman sauce (that would be Richard’s signature dish). No, I am a fully fledged, baking, sautéing, gastro machine and on top of that I’ll admit I love a bit of a bitch fest and that’s certainly what you get on “Come Dine with Me”. So I was feeling a bit nosy, I wanted to know what Calum was rustling up that night for his fellow celebs.
Unfortunately Calum was struggling with the pressures of entertaining and so was running late. An hour and a half after his scheduled appointment, he raced in with his entourage, gave his interview, which involved some choice words about his fellow competitors/dinner guests (here I cough and you might just hear the words “Janice Dickinson” as I clear my throat) and before we knew it he was on his way back to start cooking up his grub. I managed to glean from what he had said that he was cooking prawns, chicken and chocolate, I just hope he doesn’t serve it up all from the same bowl!
All in all it wasn’t a bad day in the office, at which point I’m afraid I must leave you, the quiet moments in Pall Mall Barbers never stay quiet for long and it’s time for the lunchtime rush.




Wet Shaving LondonWet Shave London, Shaving LondonShave LondonMens Shave LondonMens Shaving LondonLuxury shave setLuxury shaving Londonshave Gift vouchers LondonShaving Gifts LondonShaving Products LondonMens shaving LondonCut Throat Shave LondonCut throat shaving LondonShaving Brushes,Straight Razor LondonShaving LondonShave LondonWet Shaving LondonShave Gifts LondonShaving Gift Vouchers London.Wet Shaving LondonWet Shave London, Shaving LondonShave LondonMens Shave LondonMens Shaving LondonLuxury shave setLuxury shaving Londonshave Gift vouchers LondonShaving Gifts LondonShaving Products LondonMens shaving LondonCut Throat Shave LondonCut throat shaving LondonShaving Brushes,Straight Razor LondonShaving LondonShave LondonWet Shaving LondonShave Gifts LondonShaving Gift Vouchers London.

1 comment: